Thursday, December 11, 2014

Potluck Crockpot BBQ Meatballs

Potluck Crockpot BBQ Meatballs

This isn't a recipe per se, it's a survival tip!

This is my go to dish for the potluck at work.

Tis the season! It's the season of shopping, family, parties and lots of extra activities. It's also the
season of potlucks! Now if you're running short on time, here's a slam dunk way to participate in a potluck without spending too much time preparing a dish.
  I've got a 6qt oval crockpot, pretty much any one will do. Buy some pre-cooked frozen meatballs - for the latest one I grabbed two 2# bags of frozen meatballs. Each bag had approximately 64 1/2 oz bite size meatballs, flame broiled - I believe that adds some flavor and an 18 oz bottle of BBQ sauce. The beauty of this is that I can grab my crockpot, the bag(s) of frozen meatballs, and BBQ sauce all fit inside the crockpot along with a serving spoon. Don't forget the serving spoon!


 When I get to work, I layer the meatballs and BBQ sauce in the crockpot. I'll put an ounce or so of hot water in the BBQ sauce bottle and rinse it out into the crockpot, giving me some extra moisture for thawing and cooking. I turn the crockpot on low. I stir them every 45 to 60 min - when lunch time rolls around, the meatballs are heated through and are ready to go! And the nice part is that they usually get completely eaten and I don't have to deal with transporting leftovers! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment